Two Weeks/One Palette: In Review (Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette)

For the last two weeks I've been using the Two Faced Chocolate Bar palette and now I have formulated a very hefty opinion about it. After playing with this for two weeks, this palette is not for me. I bought it because of the hype (as always)! This is a little too cool-toned for my liking, some of the shadows aren't pigmented enough for me, and the palette was super powdery and chalky. I will be passing this palette along to a co-worker. I think she will like this palette and love on it more than I ever have!

Specifications:
This palette retails for $49 (still available at Too Faced, Ulta, or Sephora) and includes 16 shades.
14 shadows in the palette are .95g each (total 13.3g)
2 shadows, which are the biggest pans are 2.8g each (total 5.6g)
The total weight of the palette is 18.9g. This breaks down to roughly around $2.59 a gram.

Packaging:
Since I have the OG of the OG my packaging is the classic metal tin, wider than the ones that are out now and the names of the shadows are printed on a clear insert. The newer versions have the name of the shadows printed in the palette. It also has a magnetic closure. It comes with a look book of three different looks to get you started. This is super helpful for beginners that aren't used to so many shade selections. Of course, the outside of it looks like a chocolate bar! When it comes to packaging, Too Faced wins every time!!

Shadows: (swatches are below)
The shadows are very pigmented! The are buttery but not too soft. Little to no fall-out occurs. My favorite shadow is Creme Brulee and my least favorites are Candied Violet and Strawberry Bon-Bon.




Take a look at my eye looks below!

Look 1:
White Chocolate all over the lid to browbone
Salted Caramel as a transition 
Semi-Sweet to deepen crease
Cherry Cordial in the outer-v
Haute Chocolate on lid


Look 2:
White Chocolate all over the lid to the browbone
Milk Chocolate in the crease
Semi-Sweet to deepen the crease 
tried to use Strawberry Bon-Bon in the inner corner
(substituted for Loreal Strawberry Blonde)
tried to use Candied Violet on the lid
(substituted for Loreal Perpetual Purple)
Cherry Cordial on the outer V

Look 3:
Milk Chocolate as transition color
Triple Fudge to darken the crease
Gilded Ganache on inner and out corners of the lid
(not the green I wanted, substituted Loreal Infallible shadow in Golden Emerald)
Creme Brulee in the center of the lid



What are your favorite shadows and looks that you use with this palette? Comment below!
I will see you all in my next blog post! See ya Kay Babes! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Weeks/One Palette: Too Faced Sweet Peach Palette (6/19-7/2)

Meet India: Brow Master and Aesthetician